A quick round-up today of what’s been happening as I’m sure most of you have places you need to be.
With our match away at Birmingham tomorrow at tea-time (that’s 5.30pm GMT) we had Wenger’s press conference today. It was a relatively run-of-the-mill affair. Here are the highlights:
- The squad will be approximately what went to Wigan, but without Diaby and with Song, Fabregas, and Van Persie (so really more like the team who played Chelsea).
- Diaby will be out for three Arsenal weeks with a calf-strain. Expect him back in 2012.
- Some people talk more than others, so some people need to be encouraged more. Apparently.
- Arsene Wenger’s half-season report is that we are on a good track, we need to improve our home record, and overall the team is on the right track with regards to belief and ability with a lot more to come from this team.
- It is Arsenal’s title to win not Man United’s to lose.
- According to Arsene, this could be the league of the mentally strong (eek).
- ‘We have always been strong mentally but we have not always been as mature as we are now.’ I might have to disagree on this point.
- Arsene says he has only painful memories from 2010 and he expects always that the best will be in front of him and the worst will be behind.
- “Every single defeat in 2010 is still very painful in my heart. I hope 2011 will be much less painful than 2010.”
- We are not interested in David Beckham. Wenger was definitive about this, stating ‘NO’ before the question was even finished and reiterated that we have a number of very good players who can’t even get a game at the minute because of the number of players we currently have.
- We may or may not sign someone in January, but at the minute we are ‘not close’ to signing anyone.
- Nobody will be leaving unless possibly on loan (Carlos Vela may be loaned, will not be sold as he is not getting ‘the games he deserves’).
- Rambo will definitely be back from Forrest on January 2nd despite being a ‘snow victim’ and not getting the games Arsenal had hoped he would. Had Diaby not been injured Ramsey may have had his loan spell extended as he is not 100% ready. Wenger expects him to be ready for the Arsenal first team by February.
- We have apparently transferred the late goals we concede to Birmingham to Wigan.
- The Eduardo ‘incident’ is behind Arsenal now.
- This is the most open league campaign in recent memory which will be won by the most consistent team.
- Nordtveit was let go because he was not even practising every day with the first team and he needs to play now. We have a number of CB’s now and Nordveit did not get the games and it is the right time now for him to leave and get the games.
I’ll look at how we will line-up and what we need to get the points in tomorrow’s blog so until then all that remains for me is to say a massive, heart-felt thank you to every single one of you who has read and commented on my blog this year. Even if we’ve fought, you’ve all been appreciated more than you can know.
2011 is going to be an even bigger year for LadyArse, I truly hope you’ll all still be around to share it with me.
And on that note, enjoy whatever you are up to tonight, and I will see you all next year.
Much love xx
186 total views, 2 views today