2010, for the most part, hasn’t been that great for Gooners. When you think back over the calendar year which is drawing to a close you are more likely to think of leads thrown away, a team decimated by injuries, and a squad which failed to live up to our expectations.
All that having been said, it wouldn’t be Arsenal if they didn’t give us just a little to love and keep us hooked.
Here’s my Top 10 highlights of 2010 (as I remember them as I write, this isn’t definitive by any stretch of the imagination and in no particular order):
1. Nik Bendtner’s injury-time winner v Hull which kept hope alive.
2. Samir Nasri’s individual goals v Porto and Fulham.
3. Finally beating Chelsea with a complete and intense display of football.
4. The four-goal comeback v Bolton.
5. The fight-back and post-match reaction at Stoke after Aaron had his leg shattered.
6. Cesc’s cameo v Villa.
7. Coming back to 2-2 v Barca in the first leg.
8. Leading at the Camp Nou and the hope it gave us, as brief as it was.
9. Cesc’s penalty with a broken leg v Barca.
10. Phil Brown and Sam Allardyce being sacked.
Honourable LadyArse mention – Eduardo’s goal v Arsenal when he returned with Shakhtar in the Champions League.
It’s not a comprehensive list by any means, but I’d love to hear how you would add to it, and what was your defeinitive moment of 2010 as an Arsenal fan.
For me, it was the 3-1 win over Chelsea. How about you?
If you’ve been having problems accessing this site on your work computer using the URLS globalgooners.com and gossip.globalgooners.com should sort that problem for you.
Get your free LadyArse app here for Android, BlackBerry and Windows phone [iPhone coming soon]
Get your free Arsenal wallpaper, Facebook covers and Twitter headers here