Homemade beef, white cabbage, and carrot spring rolls. Serve your spring rolls with tasty extras.
What you will need
- minced beef
- 1 onion
- 2 lb garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- 0.5 c. green onions
- 3 carrots
- 100 g.
- 1 tbsp.
- sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy
- oil (canola or rapeseed)
- 1 egg
- Chop all vegetables fine.
- Pan-fry beef. Cook for 10 minutes with sugar, sweet chili sauce, and soy sauce. Salt, pepper, and possibly. soy sauce
- Divide the filo pastry sheets in half.
- Prepare beaten eggs and a brush.
- Turn them so one of the corners faces outward. Ajout 1 large tablespoon filling. Fold up the corner and roll twice. Fold the pages and scroll on (often there is also a guide on how to fold on the package itself).
- Finish with beaten egg and roll it up. Continue until you run out of filling.
- Preheat a large pan with oil. Cook until golden.
- Serve with soy and sweet chili sauce.
Spring roll recipe
Delicious homemade spring rolls! Then it’s not hard to make yourself. Spring roll dough is phyllo dough, which can be found frozen in larger supermarkets like Kvickly, Ftex, Brugsen, and Bilka. When you buy the dough already made, all you have to do is make the filling, which is very simple! Many dislike it because they must deep fry afterwards. A pot at home can easily do this. It’s a nice project to sit and fold spring rolls, etc. It’s not a dish we’d slam on the meal plan during a busy week because it takes time to make the filling and fold them. However, it is a cozy weekend project or ideal for a friends night where you must assist with the food.
We served it with sweet chili sauce and a fresh noodle salad. Our recipe is right here. It’s perfect for the spring rollers! Alternatively, serve rice and a sour-sweet sauce.
ALSO READ: Asian Recipes
Spring roll recipe
Dough for spring rolls
It doesn’t require you to start making your own dough. We use frozen phyllo dough for spring rolls. These thin sheets are amazing when deep fried. It makes crispy and tasty spring rolls.
You can get it in Asian supermarkets. They often come in various sizes, so you can make large or mini spring rolls. It’s a matter of taste. Mini or large, they now taste the same.
We used the vegetables we had on hand, but you can use any vegetable. We like white cabbage and carrots, but you can also use colored scallions, peppers, peas, or beans. They are also made with beef here. You can also use chicken or minced pork, or make them vegetarian. The filling is so tasty that the meat isn’t even needed.
Can I bake them?
Yes, they can be baked, but they are clearly best fried in oil. Instead of deep frying them, brush them with oil and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. They must be baked at 190°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Spring roller accessories
So we’d serve a tasty noodle salad with the spring rolls. You can also cook rice and make your own china box from scratch. You get noodles or rice, spring rolls, and a curry or sour-sweet sauce.