Thai banana pancakes recipe. Served with chocolate sauce or condensed milk.
- 260 g.
- 1 tbsp.
- 1 t salt
- 1 egg
- 500 g.
- 60 g.
- 2 tbsp.
- 1/2 cup canola or soybean oil
- 5 bananas
- 100 g ganache
Preparing the dish
- Put wheat flour in a bowl. Massage the butter cubes into the flour with your hands. Just “zero” it into the flour. Dispose.
- a bowl of water (if you have a mixer, feel free to use it).
- Salt, sugar, eggs Stir it.
- Add your flour-butter mixture. Well mix. It will be sticky. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes with a damp cloth.
- If you used a mixer, knead the dough now. Put the dough hook on the mixer and mix. 10 minutes until the dough releases the edges.
- Flour the table. Lay the dough out. Now divide the dough. Prepare 80 g lumps. Form into bun-like balls.
- Melt butter and add oil.
- Brush a dish with the mixture. Place your dough balls in the dish at regular intervals, avoiding overlap.
- Brush the mixture all over the balls. Keep going with all the balls.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours with household film over the dish (preferably until the next day).
- Take the dough out of the fridge 2-3 hours before you start making pancakes.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on your table (so you avoid grease on the table).
- Spray the baking paper with rapeseed or sunflower oil.
- Slice bananas and set aside in a bowl.
- Take a dough lump. Then roll it thin with a rolling pin in the oil. Thickness is important.
- Set a pan. Butter and oil the pan.
- Your thin pancake is ready.
- Put banana pieces in the pancake (see photos below).
- Fold the pancake in half to form a square.
- Fry it until golden on both sides
- Take it out.
- Decorate with chocolate sauce.
Keep going with the pancakes.
Thai banana pancake recipe
If you’ve been to Thailand, you’ve probably tried roti, or Thai banana pancakes. These tasty pancakes are stuffed with banana and topped with chocolate sauce or condensed milk. It’s delicious and easy to make! So, if you want to dream of Thailand for a moment, start here. We enjoy discovering new restaurants and recreating dishes we’ve tried. So we had to make these Thai banana pancakes, and they were delicious!
They aren’t like regular pancakes. The dough is shaped into a ball and rolled thin in oil. THEN THE DOUGH ON PAN The dough is closed around the bananas to form a square. Both sides of the roti pancake are fried. Then it’s cut up and topped with chocolate or condensed milk. You can also add nutella and vanilla ice cream to make it even better.
Pancakes thai roti
To fold Thai roti pancakes: You fold up the sides and press them together with your frying spatula. Then brown it on both sides. Or use other fruits instead of pancakes. Any fruit you can think of will do. The traditional method uses bananas.
If you are hosting a Thai themed dinner, this dessert or sticky rice with mango is a must serve. Who doesn’t like pancakes? It doesn’t get any better with chocolate sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.